Monday, July 11, 2011

Story Soon

Hi,
I wanted to start posting some of my short stories. They're very short, but follow a character that I have been using since high school. His name is Harvey Spencer and he is basically just an average guy. Each story simply throws him into a bizarre (usually supernatural) situation, and often ends rather abruptly. They are just bizarre spouts from my imagination, really.

However, I went surfing this last Friday and got nailed by a stingray. Been surfing for years, and going to the beach my whole life, and while they are always all over when the water warms up, I have never had an issue. Guess I've just been lucky for all these years. Anyway, most of the time it is a quick puncture and envenomation. Well this guy really jammed a good length of his barb into the arch of my foot.

Putting your foot into hot water takes away the pain, but because of the large hole and excessive bleeding I couldn't do that. Suffice to say I just had to endure the pain, sweats, nausea, and faintness. It was feeling a little better by the time my wife got me to urgent care a few hours later, but then the doctor numbed the wound with a large gauge needle that proved to be more painful than the sting. Oh well. Three stitches, and three days later, I am still hobbling, but feeling better. No surfing, skateboarding, futsal, or running for ten days. It'll drive me nuts, but maybe I can do some writing.

Anyway, I should have the first Intro story up by tonight. Keep in mind that most of them are extremely short, but I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment